New first year and transfer students have joined the Albright College community, moving into residence halls with the help of many campus volunteers.
A full slate of Welcome Weekend activities are helping the students remain active and get acclimated to Albright’s inclusive college life. [Full schedule]
About Albright’s Class of 2022:
- 603 first year students coming from 21 states and 4 countries (China, Hong Kong, Japan, Spain) make up the second-largest class in Albright’s history
- 8 additional students will be ‘studying abroad’ at Albright from France, South Korea, Chili, Japan and Ireland.
- 44 students are transferring to Albright from other colleges
- 21% are Hispanic (an increase of 8% from 2017)
- 42% are white (a 10% drop from 2017)
- 30% are black (even with 2017)
- 14% indicated two or more races
- 59% are female and 41% male
The most popular major for incoming students is Biology, followed by Business and the college’s Alpha program — designed to help students discover their major area of study.
Read more in the news:
“Albright College class of 2022 makes its way to dorms” | Reading Eagle
“Albright welcomes freshmen, transfer students to campus” | WFMZ Allentown
Follow @albrightcollege or search for #Albright2022 on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for more photos.