Reading, Pa. – Six Albright College students have been awarded a total of $12,500 in Santander Scholarships to study abroad this semester.
Given to high-achieving students with financial need, these scholarships are made possible through an agreement between Albright and Santander Bank, N.A., for its Santander Universities division to provide funding to support scholarships for Albright students studying overseas.
The following students were awarded scholarships:
- Katherine Betz, a junior mathematics major from Auburn, N.Y., is studying in London.
- Julia Devine, a junior finance/marketing major from Saddle Brook, N.J., is studying in London.
- Bryan Lineweaver, a sophomore Spanish/political science/international relations major from Hawthorne, N.J., is studying in Alicante, Spain.
- Adamaris Muniz Tirado, a senior biology major from Reading, Pa., is studying in Alicante, Spain.
- Nathan Rothermel, a senior theatre major from Leesport, Pa., is studying in London.
- Rianna Salm, a senior political science/international relations major from Levittown, Pa., is studying in Nicosia, Cyprus.
In total, 14 Albright students are studying abroad this semester.
Study abroad is a key component of Albright’s well-regarded experiential learning curriculum. Recent years have seen students study in Australia, Bhutan, Cyprus, England, Japan, South Korea and numerous other countries.